Ingredients: Serves 1
Chicken thigh or leg with skin on: 1 portion
Tomato concentrate (double): 1 tsp or 3 tbsps of tomato puree
Ginger garlic paste: 3/4 tsp
Herbes de provence: 2 generous pinches (optional) or use any other herb
Salt to taste
Curry leaves: 5 nos
Oil: 1 tsp
1. Take the tomato concentrate, ginger-garlic paste, herb de provence into a bowl mix well to form a paste, add salt to taste.
2. Make deep slits/cuts into the thigh to allow marinade to penetrate meat, coat the chicken thigh well with marinade, making sure it enters the slits. Keep aside for an hour to marinade.
3. Place the marinaded chicken in a small baking dish along with all its marinading juices.
4. Preheat oven to 180C for 7 minutes.
5. Heat a small vessel, add oil, when hot add curry leaves, allow to crisp up, pour flavoured oil with curry leaves over the chicken. Place chicken in centre of oven and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes till completely cooked, turning once in between.
I usually serve this with mushy peas and baby potatoes ( its a different story that Baby A doesnt bother looking at the sides, and either hubby or me land up eating it 😉
*I prefer to cook the chicken with skin on for Baby A, as it keeps the meat really moist and juicy. However I do deskin it before serving it to him.