This versatile hot and spicy mince meat preparation is a ‘no fuss one pot wonder’. Can be served as accompaniment with drinks, or at meal time along with soft warm chappatis/ jeera rice and a fresh salad. Can also be rolled up in a kathi roll for lunch box/ tea time snack.
1. Lamb mince: 500 gms or for a healthier version use turkey mince
2. Onion: 1 large sliced
3. Tomato: 2 medium chopped
4. Tomato concentrate- 3 tbsps
5. Green chillies: 3 slit
6. Ginger-garlic paste: 3 tbsps
7. MDH/ or any brand Meat masala powder: 2.5- 3 tbps, vary according to spice preference
8. Coriander leaves: 1/2 bunch chopped
9. Mint leaves: 3 sprigs chopped
10. Salt to taste
Fresh / frozen green peas
Lemon juice: 1/2 no.
Oil/ Ghee: 1 tbsp
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Kashmiri chilli powder: 2tsps
Pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tsps
1. Put ingredients 1-10 in a pressure cooker along with 2 cups of water. Cook on medium heat under pressure for 3 whistles. Turn off.
2. Once pressure drops open cooker add the frozen /fresh peas and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over.
3. For seasoning: Take oil/ ghee in a small vessel, when hot add curry leaves, fry for 30 secs, add kashmiri chilli/ paprika powder and pepper powder, fry for another 10 secs ( dont allow to burn). Pour over mince. Give good stir.
Kheema mutter masala is ready. Serve with warm chappatis or jeera rice and a fresh cucumber tomato and onion salad.