If you arent in the mood of making wine this Christmas, and the thought of all that squashing and stirring is getting you down... don't fret...for there is something simple, warm, spicy and special that I have found for you, that will surely wow your guests!! Will make a statement at any party!!
...... pick up a bottle of red wine and watch it tranform in your kitchen to a spice filled aromatic warm drink....in minutes.....this will guarantee to keep your guest's spirits soaring !!
Recipe Source: Waitrose
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 10 cloves
- 2 Tangerines/ Oranges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 mace blades
- 2 bay leaves
- 100g demerara sugar
- 750 ml robust red wine (try Beaujolais)
- 30 ml brandy (optional)
- Tangerine/orange slices to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Stud each tangerine/ orange with 5 cloves and place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, then set aside to cool slightly before slicing with a serrated knife. Transfer these tangerine slices to a large saucepan with the cinnamon sticks, mace, bay leaves, sugar and 300ml water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then turn the heat right down and add the wine. Heat through very slowly for 20 minutes without boiling – or else the alcohol will evaporate. Add the brandy, if you're using it, and strain.
- Add the slices of fresh tangerine or orange, then warm through before serving.
Picture coming ......after my Christmas party!!